Edinson Cavani’s name continues to be touted as a summer transfer target for Real Madrid. Luis Cavani, the Napoli striker’s father, spoke on MARCA TV programme ‘Futboleros’ about the offers the player has received outside of Italy and said that interest from ‘Los Blancos’ was the most appealing.
“Edinson would like to play for a team like Real Madrid. That’s what he wants to do and is open to a move. Our son told the family in private that he wants to play for Real Madrid, but if he publically states his desire to leave it will not be well-received at Napoli”, the player’s father revealed.
The Uruguayan forward’s parent went on to add that contact had already been made: “There has been contact with the Real Madrid lawyers and we are waiting for the clubs to speak to each other”.
Luis Cavani knows full well that it will be difficult for a deal to go through, due to Napoli’s high asking-price for the striker, despite the player’s willingness to leave: “It would be great if it happened and the clubs could meet as soon as possible to agree everything. Who wouldn’t want to play for Real Madrid? But it’s not only down to Edi. We’re talking about €65 million and Napoli won’t take anything less. But the player’s wish is not to stay”.
Neymar will play for Barca. The agreement between the Catalan club, Santos FC, and the Brazilian is complete, missing only small details with the other parties in the deal to close it permanently. His move to Barca will be for around 50 million euros.
Neymar could sign for 5 seasons around 7 million a year. Barcelona hopes to make official the signing of Neymar this Sunday after playing against Espanyol on Monday of next week.
Santos announced the news, after a marathon meeting that took place last night at its headquarters, which had two offers, one from Barcelona and one from Real Madrid, Neymar being allowed to choose his destination. The Brazilian has now decided that his future will be Barcelona.
Real Madrid have been busy this offseason. President Florentino Perez and director of football Raúl Sanllehí have been all around the world trying to put together a team worthy of the club’s budget. One player they had their sights set firmly on was Premier League star Gareth Bale, but a recent turn of events have darkened those chances.
Bale has signed a new deal with British telecom company, BT, who have acquired the rights to the Premier League next season, and have constructed an entire marketing campaign based around the Welshman. Continue reading Gareth Bale’s new tv deal makes a move to Madrid unlikely
Barcelona offered €20 million for Brazilian Santos striker Neymar earlier this week. Anticipation was heightened as Barcelona faithful, players and fans alike, waited for Neymar to arrive in Camp Nou. However, Raúl Sanllehí, Barca’s director of football who was in Brazil to negotiate a deal, has left without Neymar signing on the dotted line.
The Blaugrana are unwilling to bend to Santos FC’s demands, as the Brazilian club has rejected the €20 million Barca offer for a 55 percent stake in Neymar. The remaining 45 percent belongs to DIS, a super marketing agency, and TEISA, an investment fund.
It’s become clear Santos is trying to get as much as they can out of Neymar, and the feel the €20 million offer is just too low. But they must be careful. Barcelona has a backup plan in which they will pay Neymar €10 million this year to play with Santos, but be unable to negotiate with any other team and become a free agent in 2014, and sign with Barca. If this were to happen Santos would walk away with nothing.
Isco is very close to becoming a Real Madrid player next season. Yesterday afternoon a meeting was held at the Santiago Bernabeu between representatives of Malaga, the player and the club itself white in which they negotiated his transfer.
Up to five people who entered the Madrid offices and left together in a car in the middle of the afternoon. Julio Senn, legal adviser to the Real Madrid, was operating the vehicle. He was accompanied by Mario Spindles, Malaga sporting director, Vicente Casado, general director, Rafael Comino, the player’s lawyer, and Isco’s father. There Madrid’s negotiator was Jose Angel Sanchez. Continue reading Madrid trying to make a deal for Isco
A new meeting surrounding the future of Neymar so far, has been unfavorable for Barcelona. Santos FC did not accept Barça’s latest offer of 20 million euros, according Globoesporte.
This was recognized by vice president Odilo Rodrigues: “Santos considered the proposal received, but it does not meet our interests. We chose not to accept it. They only had one proposal on the table and the Committee of Directors believes this is not what we want.”
The Brazilian club is aware they have to sell the player but want to do it with the highest bidder, and although Neymar desires to sign with Barca, he will try to take the best offer possible, so he is willing to listen to proposals from other clubs.
The Barca delegation formed by Raul Sanllehí and agent Andre Cury, will regroup to maintain different meetings over the next few days to try to get to a new position.