Radamel Falcao will not be in the World Cup in Brazil. Although the Colombian striker has worked around the clock to try to recover in time from injury crossover, it has failed. Colombia’s coach Jose Pekerman, announced that El Tigre is one of the discarded.
Besides exdelantero Atletico Madrid, Pekerman released the names of the other two players discarded. Muriel and Perera will not be in the finals.
Radamel Falcao had been deflecting reports for weeks that he would sign with free spending French Ligue 1 team AS Monaco FC. It seems, however, that the money was just too good for the Colombian striker.
Falcao signed a five year €51million deal with the team this weekend, and completed a flurry of moves made by the heavy laden pockets of Monaco club owner, Dmitry Rybolovlev. Falcao took to Twitter to express his excitement. ‘I want to share with you that I will be player of @ASMFC-MONACO next season. I’m eager to start this challenge! I count on you [sic] support!’ Continue reading Falcao snubs Chelsea, Madrid to sign with Monaco
Radamel Falcao deflected reports he would be moving to French Ligue 1 team Monaco leading up to the Copa del Rey final. After securing the win and parading through the streets of Madrid, there’s nothing left other than the team’s last match keeping him from moving there this summer.
Reports say Falcao is set to be moved to Monaco for a five year contract worth €10 million a year, with a €60 million buyout clause. Upon being finalized, it will reportedly be the most lucrative deal signed by any footballer in French club history. It was the expected move by many, even though Falcao continued to point to the remaining years on his contract with Atletico.
Real Madrid centre back Ricardo Carvalho will be joining Falcao in Monaco, as he signed a one year contract with the team today.
Radamel Falcao has had another wonderful season, and capped it off with a stunning Copa del Rey win over Real Madrid last week. His success has made him a target for a number of top name clubs across the European landscape.
Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone has said he would understand if the striker left for greener pastures, and wouldn’t hold it against him. “I don’t know anything official yet,” Simeone told Marca. “I have known him since he was a child and I wish him all the best. If he feels that he needs to make a move, I’ll be happy for him. If he stays with us, I’ll be happy too.” Continue reading Diego Simeone behind Falcao, whatever he chooses
Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo won’t be touched this season in the race for most league goals scored. Lio has tallied 46 to date, while Ronaldo has also been impressive with 34. But the race tightens up after you mention those names, and Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao hopes to come in right behind them.
Falcao has netted 28 goals this season, tied with Napoli’s Edinson Cavani. A Ballon de Bronze recognition for Radamel would cap off another great season for the striker, and possibly his entire two year stint with the team, as he’s been linked to many a club in recent weeks.
Falcao has a match against Ronaldo’s Madrid team Friday in the SuperCopa final, while Cavani has one contest remaining in his season. Robin Van Persie and Jackson Martínez both have 25 goals.
For some time, top clubs such as Real Madrid, Manchester City, Manchester United, and Chelsea had all been in the race to land Radamel Falcao. The 27 year-old striker has dazzled La Liga with his sensational performances while at Atletico Madrid, including a 4-1 drubbing of Chelsea where he recorded a hat trick.
However, French club AS Monaco FC has whisked away Falcao with a £50million deal that will bring the Colombian to Fontvieille. Owner Dmitry Rybolovlev wasn’t afraid to be aggressive, and he hopes Falcao will help Monaco challenge Ligue 1 winners Paris Saint-German as they return from relegation.
The deal does contain an intriguing escape clause that will allow Falcao to leave after one year, ensuring that all other clubs aren’t quite out of the race. The striker will collect £8.2m a year.