Liverpool’s Luis Suárez, on a Uruguayan radio station, talked about how honored he would be by an offer from one of Spain’s greatest clubs, Real Madrid.
“One obviously always wants to triumph at the biggest clubs. I’ve spoken to my agent, but there’s nothing specific yet. It’ll be hard to turn down Real Madrid, but I’m still under contract at Liverpool,” he said.
Suarez has been under fire the past few weeks, after letting his gums latch onto Branislav Ivanovic’s arm in a match last month. He doesn’t like the abuse he’s recieved, despite offering an apology. “I love being at Liverpool, I’m happy at Liverpool, but the way that I’ve been treated in recent weeks I’ve been attacked from all sides, despite admitting my mistake, which was the first thing I had to do,” he said.
“I’m not prepared to continue putting up with English journalists. I’ve worked too hard to get where I am to allow a group of journalists treat me so unfairly. They value me based on my attitude, not on what I do on the pitch”.
“It’s an honour for Uruguay that both Cavani and myself could end up playing at Real Madrid, but we’ll have to wait to see if a firm offer comes in or not,” he said in conclusion.
After Sevilla President José María del Nido broke the news that the team was suffering from financial struggles and were looking to make €20 million in moves, all of Europe looked ready to pounce on their best players.
At first it appeared Jesús Navas would be safe in the nucleus of retained players, with others like Negredo, Fazio, Medel and Manu looking to be moved. That now seems to have changed, and teams like Liverpool, Manchester City, and Real Madrid are entering the number of teams calling for Navas’ services.
The Spanish winger went goalless this season in La Liga, but that isn’t keeping teams away. Navas has proven himself on the club and national team level, centering himself as a regular in Del Bosque’s lineups. He’s spent his entire career with the club, and even though he’s enjoyed his time there, he’s made it clear he doesn’t mind seeing a change in scenery.
Celta Vigo are enduring enough pressure this week as they head into their last match with a slight chance to avoid relegation. Now they will have to endure the loss of their best forward Iago Aspas as they head into the offseason.
Celta Vigo and Liverpool have come to terms on a deal to move the Spaniard for €9.5 million, which will pay the player €1.6 million after tax throughout the duration of his contract. There was reportedly a €10 million buyout for the Aspas which would become €7 million if Celta are relegated, so in advance of that both sides settled on the €9.5 million figure.
Nothing will be made official just yet, as Celta will wait until the end of the season. Aspas has spent his entire career at Celta, scoring 28 goals in 122 appearances.
Liverpool are after Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente, but know they have to have a deal in place to sell not wanted Andy Carroll by the close of the transfer window tomorrow night.
The Spanish striker has been frozen out by his club, and is being forced to train with the reserves since refusing to sign a new contract.
With only one year remaining on his old contract, and making it known that he wants to leave there is no way he will still be at Bilbao come Saturday.
Juventus are in need of a striker, and also Manchester City and Tottenham showing interest with only his £30 million buy-out-clause being the reason that a deal been done already.
Llorente’s teammate Javi Martinez was sold yesterday in a record breaking £32 million to Bundesliga giants Bayern Munch, which makes it look almost certain that the Basque side are ready to let Llorente go also.
My money is on a deal with Juventus, but that all depends on whether the Italinal’s sign Berbatov from Manchester United or not.
A very exciting couple of days lie ahead for the 27-year-old world-class striker who would prove to be a goal scorer for which ever club can do the deal.